Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cucumber Water

Cucumbers are probably one of my favorite summer veggies.  So fresh, so crisp, so healthy.  Since I still have a whole cucumber, I'm probably going to do one or more or all of the following;

1. Salads.  Remember that spinach I bought? Yeah imma put some cucumber on that for tomorrow's lunch.

Ingredients:
Lettuce
Cucumber
Other salad things (optional)
Dressing (optional)

Combine.  The end.


2. Pickled cucumbers.  I didn't say pickles, I said pickled cucumbers.  My mom has some bomb ass recipe that she uses but idk what it is so google helped me figure out an easy way last summer.

Ingredients:
1 jar of pickled jalepeños
Thinly sliced cucumber
Red onion (sliced in strips or circles)

Soak onion and cucumber in jalepeño juice for a few hours or overnight.
The end.

These are good on sandwiches, burgers, brats, or just on their own, a lil snack.

3. Cucumber Water

Ingredients:
Cucumber
Lemon
Water
Ice (optional)

Combine and store in refrigerator. I might throw in some cilantro too for a little zing since I have so much of it.  This is especially great because it helps me drink more water during the day too when it's so delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment